Watch Your Step

Saturday, October 8, 2011

OK, so, picture this if you will...

Last night, Jeff was supposed to help KathyL move her extremely large couch from her living room to her garage, so that her gorgeous new couch, arriving this morning, has an empty spot to reside upon delivery. Well, he got a blister on his hand when he got home from work last night from digging a hole to try to fix a leak in our sprinkler system, so I helped her instead.

The couch is not light, but it's more humongous than heavy. We slid it easily across her floor with those little glider things. Then we tipped it onto its back to get through the front door. On its back, we lifted it and she led the way out, walking backwards. We went down the front porch step onto the walk that leads to the driveway.

Only there isn't just one step. There are TWO.

Blindly, I took a step onto what I thought was flat walkway, and started an extreeeeeeeme sloooooow-mooooootion tumble into Kathy's beautiful landscaping. As I was going down, along with my end of the mammoth couch, after my life passed before my eyes, I remembered that Kathy lives on a very steep hill. I continued my snail-paced descent into the plants, picturing myself rolling all the way down that hill and into the street below.

Splat. I fell flat onto the daylilies. BOOM. The giant couch fell into its upright state next to me. My head was downhill from my feet, and the couch was right alongside me, so I could barely move to even attempt to get up. Kathy was asking me if I was OK, and I knew I had scraped the ever-loving crap out of my leg on the steps, but the worst of it was my stomach muscles that were hurting from laughing. She had to literally pull me, uphill, out of the plants.

I could not... stop... laughing. We did get the couch into the garage. Then we had wine.

And now... a PSA: A reminder, not just to Hank, but to all those on both sides of the aisle who rant about things and are surprised when it comes back to bite them -- The First Amendment protects you from legal prosecution. It does not protect you from repercussions for things you say. It's your right to say it, and my right to be pissed off, and vice versa.


Saturday 9: Someday We'll Be Together

1. Have you ever left a relationship but knew that eventually you'd get back together?
No, I never assumed I was getting back together with anyone after the relationship was over. Once it was over, I figured it was over.

2. Are there things that you hate to buy? Items that you either hate to spend perfectly good money on or hate to spend the time it takes to buy them?
I hate to buy lightbulbs. It seems I'm always buying them. Our ceiling fan bulbs go out far too often.

3. What is your favorite cartoon show and why? 
Spongebob. It's family-friendly, unlike some of my other cartoon shows (Family Guy, Archer...), and I think it is hilarious most of the time. The older ones are, as is typical for most shows, more hilarious than the newer ones.

4. Are you anywhere close to doing what you wanted to do as a kid? 
Somewhat. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom while my children were young, like my mom did. I've been a stay-at-home mom for longer than I imagined. Career-wise... somewhat as well. I wanted to be a doctor, but I am far too squeamish for it. I majored in a health-related field and took a job in another health-related field.

5. Now that you're in the "real world," is your current job now really what you want to do for a living? If not, what would you ultimately like to do? 
My passion would be to work at a university as a scholarship/financial aid administrator, helping students get money to go to school.

6. A local university has asked you to teach a class about the one thing you know the most about. What would you be teaching and what would the name of the course be?
Broadway Musicals 101

7. Commercials ... they can make us laugh or can annoy the heck out of us. Tell us about your favorite commercial and/or a commercial you simply loathe.
My fave is still this one...



8. Tell us about your favorite comedy movie of all time.
So many... I'll go with Princess Bride

9. Tell us about your favorite black and white movie of all time.
Sort of cheating here, but Young Frankenstein

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP