Celeb Meetings

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Melissa Rycroft met her idol Derek Jeter on GMA yesterday morning. She was so cute. She was all ga-ga and didn't say a single word to him. He obviously felt a little uncomfortable with her reaction, but of course he was nice and signed some stuff for her and took a pic.

When I've met celebrities, I've had both the experiences of being awestruck and dorky, and of being totally cool and comfortable. Obviously being cool is the desired reaction, but there's something exciting and freeing about just being swept up in the moment and grinning like a goober for a couple of spine-tingling minutes, finally meeting someone you think is out-of-this-world amazing. Unless, of course, you're trying to conduct business... or trying to get them to take you into VIP at a club...

Back in junior high school Cathy kissed our favorite celeb- John Schneider- when we met him at the airport, after I had either shaken his hand or hugged him. I still remember that moment, trying to conceal my shock, and how irritated I was for days as she (deservedly) basked in the afterglow of it. Yep, evidently I will never let it go. LOL.

2 comments:

scotty,  July 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

i won`t tell you what I did when I met Jeff Stryker!!!

Kathy July 16, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

lol. Part of me wants to know and part is very afraid.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP