Saturday Nine

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lauren had her young athlete heart screening this morning. We got up at Crack o' Dawn to get there at 8am when they opened, and it was crowded. They ran 120 kids through there in 1 hour though. Amazing! Better to go about an hour into it, because it had thinned out considerably by the time we left. There is another one of these in August. championshipheartsfoundation.org

Cardiologist: Well, Lauren, it looks like you haven't had your heart broken yet.

Doctor humor. My favorite.


Saturday 9: Fast Car

1. What’s the furthest trip you’ve taken by automobile?
From Houston to Green Bay, Wisconsin to visit my mom's side of the family when I was 8. Although I have to say our recent drives from Austin to South Padre seem about that long.

2. What’s the worst pick up line you've ever received?
"Do you go to A&M?" In College Station, probably so.

3. What’s the best pick up line you’ve gotten?
"I have got to dance with you." Ooh. Implied that he had been watching me dance already, and that he was overcome with a need to participate. Nice.

4. What was the last gift that you received?
A new scanner for Mothers Day.

5. What was the last gift that you gave someone?
Journey tix for Jeff on Fathers Day.

6. Tell us about the last time you cried.
I have to be boring and say I honestly don't remember. It was probably a song that did it.

7. Tell us about the last time you laughed uncontrollably.
Yesterday when Lauren reminded me of the "Game Night" episode of Will and Grace.

8. Do you suffer road rage? What are your thoughts on it?
To an extent. I feel enraged on occasion when someone is driving like a jerk. I would never threaten someone or follow them or anything drastic. I usually yell a few choice words. My thoughts? We all just need to remember that whatever someone did to tick us off on the road is not worth injuring ourselves or others.

9. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes?
From Airplane:
This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP