Dispatches from the Edge

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reading Anderson's book. Yeah, Laura had two copies of it, so I took one. Don't ask. She's a little obsessed. Hee!

I was struck by a comment he made that when his brother died, he didn't feel anything at that moment. You just think you should feel something then, right? Someone so close to you. Reminds me of when my mother died and I had all these expectations of how it would go. That I would know it happened, if I weren't there at the moment... also that I would feel her presence around me afterwards. Neither of those things occurred.

Of course my aunt told me she felt Mom was with her for several weeks afterwards, so maybe that's where she was hanging out. WTH? lol.

AC jumps around in time in this book among three different timelines- a style which I loathe. But I am managing to keep up with all three stories at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP