Remodel

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

At the completion of the bidding process, our master bath remodel budget is already at 150-200% of the original. We haven't even begun that inevitable tearing down a wall and finding plumbing not up to code, or termites or other apocalyptic disasters.

Some of the increase is due to budget information that I got from a couple of sources that is evidently low for this area. A couple of the contractors said that would be a DIY price. We are not DIY people, folks. I may paint or even screw in some knobs, but I'm not building a shower.

The remainder of the increase is going from installing a framed shower to frameless. This is where the term "resale value" came into play. One contractor got me with "a framed shower will date your brand new bathroom." I'm only going through this process at all because that bathroom is dated and would not be sellable at this point. Did these guys read this blog? Sneaky.

All four bids are due back by Friday. Soon we can begin the demo!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Hey- this sounds like a huge project. I can help if you do the DIY thing. I came back from my trip feeling yuck and have not called yet. They finally gave me Darvocet so I should be feeling better soon. I just may not make sense.

Kathy July 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

What the heck are you doing up at this hour? And on Darvocet? LOL

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP