Bathroom Shopping

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sunday, Kath and I went remodel browsing at Lowes and Home Depot. The real stores are closed on Sunday, so we'll have to think of that idea on a Saturday. lol. She's remodeling her kitchen and master bath, and redoing her downstairs floors and painting the entire house interior.

It's always entertaining to shop for home stuff together because our styles are completely different. She loves "old world" style, very rich and Mediterranean. Lots of stone and iron and carved wood. I'm very "transitional." I like clean lines and contemporary art, but with the curves and softness of a traditional style thrown in. Sort of "sophisticated eclectic."

So, when we go furniture shopping or browsing art or looking at kitchen/bathroom remodel stuff together, we spend double the time. There isn't any overlap between the styles. Luckily, we both LOVE home decor, so it's all the better. We have gotten to where we say things like, "Oh! Here you are." or "Here's me!" when a certain style of items appears in view.

So now I am down to a huge decision. I can go with dark cabinets or white, and dark countertops or lighter. That adds up to 4 combos. Here are examples:


white with darker countertop- I absolutely love the turqouise, but I'm doing a much more subdued look for our particular bathroom. I would go even darker on the top- more a chocolate brown


espresso with lighter top- I think this is my fave. This is my overall color scheme, coffee browns


white with lighter countertop and dark floor- my second fave. This bathroom is gorgeous, but I don't have a clue how you'd put on makeup in that dim light.


espresso cabinet/dark top- I adore the dark silestone, but it may be too dark all together. I'd have to do a lighter floor.

2 comments:

scotty,  July 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

#2 is the winner by far

Kathy July 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

High five! Love that one. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP