BTHO Mizzou!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gig 'em Ags! Let's pull this one off today. Mary was telling me about something on the radio where they were asking what body part you would be willing to give up for Texas to win the national championship this year. An Aggie called in and said "I'd give my left nut if Texas would lose every game." Bwahaha! Chris (yet another t.u. fan at work) said that was the best the Ags could hope for. I agreed, when our QB is tossing balls to the other team. I still love ya' Johnson. Let's do this thing!

Cathy is "in a relationship" on Facebook, which of course, makes it official. Woohoo! Brent is so cute. I can't wait to meet him! She's really happy, and I am so thrilled for her.

Facebook messaging last night...

Cathy: Brent askred if i wouldnt mind him chsngij his statuw olnb....Damn ambien, ill tell youb romortrow.
Cathy: BWAHabahbshba,
Me: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Girl! Go to bed.
Cathy: G,nite.

One really shouldn't Facebook when one has been taking sleeping pills. Maybe she doesn't even like Brent. ;)

Patrick's Saturday Six

1. You order takeout from a favorite restaurant. You’re at the counter paying for your dinner by credit card and the host hands you the charge slip that includes a blank for a tip. Do you leave one for takeout?
Nope. A tip is generally for personal service, and they haven't provided me a service- not delivery, not filling my drink, not taking up my dishes, etc. I have tipped at counter service places at times, but only for exceptional friendliness or, especially in Austin establishments, behind-the-counter entertainment.

2. You’re having dinner at a restaurant you’ve never visited before and you receive poor service, a wrong item on your plate and you have an inattentive waiter. Do you leave a tip anyway, or would you leave nothing?
I leave nothing. The tip is supposed to reflect your opinion of the service. If it were that bad, it is appropriate to leave no tip. If I'm the server, I straighten out my act if I want to make any money that night.

3. You’re under the weather and you decide to make a doctor’s appointment: how likely are you to search the web for your symptoms and walk in with your own diagnosis already in hand (or in mind)?
I used to always do that, but I've unnecessarily scared the crap out of myself a few times, so now I only look things up when I think they're not that significant. 

4. You see a drug ad on television promoting a “miracle cure” for a condition you know you have. How likely are you to contact your doctor and ask about that specific medication?
I've never had that experience, but I would ask about it, if I wasn't already on something that was working.

5. A cell phone company sells you a phone that fails to do something you feel is basic. They advertise a money-back guarantee, but the fine print says there’s a $35 “restocking fee” for returning the phone. How much are you likely to fight that charge because of the phone’s inability to do what you need it to do?
I would pay it if it was in the paperwork. I might express shock and dismay, to see if they would waive it, but if they didn't, I would suck it up. That's why I bring Jeff with me for these things. He tells them there's no way in Hell he's paying that BS charge.

6. You decide to buy a new computer, and there are two computer stores in town: one has low prices and an almost-absent sales floor staff, and the other has higher prices but very friendly, helpful staffers. You decide to get information from the well-informed staff at the more expensive store. If you knew you could save 25% or so by going to the cheaper store, how likely would you be to buy from the more expensive store that gives you better service?
I'd say 1/3 of the time I use the knowledgeable staff somewhere, I go ahead and buy the item there. Especially if the person really shaped my decision on what to purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP