I Wish They Sold Just Tape

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This where Jeff and I were standing in Staples...


... when he said, "I wish they sold just tape."

:|

He meant a single roll.

Got some bad news last night. My dad has bladder cancer. Good news is that it seems to be early stage, and they removed all of it in surgery yesterday afternoon. I read that bladder cancer typically recurs and has to be removed again, even if it is early stage. So he is likely in for more surgeries in the future. Biggest cause seems to be smoking. He's a lifelong smoker.

As I was listening to Ursula on the phone, I kept thinking, How long has he known and not told me?! But it turns out he just had symptoms last Thursday and they sped him through the testing process and tossed him into surgery Monday. That is lightning speed! His first surgery EVER. Wow. I'm several up on him. Another weird thing is, now I know neither of my parents is allergic to intravenous iodine dye at all, whereas I am deathly allergic. Thanks for the recessive gene, people. ;)

She says, "He feels good. You know your dad. He has the nurses in stitches." Ahaha. I'm sure he does. I'm supposed to call him tonight, when he gets home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP