Go-Go Boots and Parenting

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A very cool blog post about parenting, by Rachael Rossman (link shamelessly gacked from The Bloggess)...

Lessons


It reminds me in some ways of these amazing white go-go boots my mom bought me when I was 4 or 5 years old. I remember them quite well. She told me that the only reason I owned them at all was because I had soooo loved them at the store. She hated them because they were "trendy" and Mom never bought me a dang thing that wasn't a possibility to wear for the next thirty years, because as you know, "basics never go out of style." So I spent a lot of my own money on trendy clothes later. The first thing I bought with my own money was in elementary school- one of those gold metal stretchy belts to go with my NotJordache jeans.



Anyway, I wore those awesome boots everywhere. And in warm weather or cold, they were hot. Shiny vinyl = not breathable. After about five minutes, I would invariably unzip them and fold them down. It wasn't that I knew they looked awful, but was so hot I didn't care. I thought they still looked cool like that anyway. My mom would just shake her head. All quadzillion times I did it. But she let me wear them every day because I loved them.

On a bit more "Red Dress Project"-relevant note, I did wear my Indian Princess costume to school one day. With the go-go boots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP