MAAAAAAKEUUUUP!!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A while back, I explained to Lauren the Milton Berle gag where the guy would shout "MAAAAKEUP!" and then someone would whack Berle in the head with a giant, over-powdered powder-puff. She's always thought it was hilarious, and we revisit it when someone mentions makeup.

While we were looking at the smorgasbord of rubber stamps at Michael's yesterday, she said she wanted to select a "personal stamp" that would be like her calling card. She said she would put it on all her school papers and stuff.

"And also," she said as she picked up a piano stamp, "I would just go up to people and go, 'PIANO!'" Then she cocked her arm back, and in true maaaaakeup! style, whack-stamped me on the arm.

ROFL!

Then we hung out in that aisle, pretend-whack-stamping each other. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Whack. "SNOWMAN!" Whack. "SQUIRREL!" Whack.

(Here's a vid of the Milton Berle thing from an episode of "The Muppet Show.")


Sunday Seven

AOL recently published a list of what it calls the 100 Worst Songs of All Time. Here’s their list.

Can you find your least-liked songs on their list, or do you think they left off a major annoyance that should have been near the top? Their work may help you with your task for this week’s question!

Name your picks for the seven worst songs of all time.

Okay, before I answer, I have to say that while #82 is not my favorite Chasez tune, he does have other quite redeeming ones. And Barenaked Ladies "One Week" is awesome. Also, while reading through the list I had to stop and download "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something, which I love, and I'm listening to it now on endless repeat.

♪♫ ...and I said, "What about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?'"
She said, "I think I remember the film..."


1. "Come Away With Me" Norah Jones
2. "Fireflies" Owl City
3. "Crazy" Gnarles Barkley
4. "Mexican Radio" Wall of Voodoo
5. "You're Beautiful" James Blunt (#96)
6. "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" Billy Ocean
7. "Barbie Girl" Aqua (#5)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP