About Us: Part I- All About the Hair

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Alright. Let's do this thing.

My very first memory of Jeff was seeing him in Physics. My friend Lisa and I had Calculus and Physics together, along with Jeff. Jeff was friends with a couple of guys I knew, and they sat right in front of us in Physics class. I'm really into good hair on guys, and Jeff had great hair. Brown (No, not blonde, honey.) and thick and wavy. He was cute and horsed around with the guys a lot. Lisa and I would occasionally barge into their conversation from behind them, if we found it particularly entertaining.

It wasn't until cool weather set in that I really noticed the full extent of Jeff's awesomeness. One day, the whole row of guys wore sweaters. Lisa and I took it upon ourselves to quietly judge who had the best sweater. In the end, Jeff won, not just because of the sweater, but he had fantastic shoulders. I added in that Jeff got bonus points on top of his amazing, winning sweater/shoulders because of the great hair. Then I pretended to reach up and run my fingers through his hair. Lisa was totally OMG, you cannot do that!

For the next several classes I would always, at some point during physics, reach up and pretend to run my fingers through his hair and she would tell me to stop it. lol. I was always afraid he or one of the other guys would see me, or worse yet, that I might actually TOUCH HIS HAIR. Holy tap dancin' Moses. That would have been truly tragic.

I started hanging out near the Calculus door after class, since he didn't sit near us there. I would smile and he would sometimes smile back. He was utterly oblivious. I don't think he ever even said hello to me at Calculus. What a dork. (This is where Jeff would chime in that he totally noticed me and it was I who wouldn't talk to him at Calculus. No no no. I was almost late to my next class sometimes waiting to see him come out.)

So the last week of the semester, he says to me in Physics, "Do you want to come over and study for the final?" I was cool. "Sure." And we had a date. Or so I thought.

The day we were supposed to get together, he calls me. "Everyone's meeting here at 7."

Everyone? I went into panic mode. I called Lisa and asked her to come with me, so it wouldn't look like I had thought it was a one-on-one study date. She had other plans, but I literally begged her, so she went with me to Jeff's apartment.

When we got there, it was just Jeff. (He later told me he only said other people were coming in case I didn't want it to be a "date. ")

So the three of us studied. Poor Lisa. I apologized a thousand times to her afterward.

Then it was Christmas break.

2 comments:

scotty,  May 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

it`s funny how forgiving girls can be when they think a guy has great hair!!!!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP