About Us: Part V- The Final Chapter

Friday, May 8, 2009

Jeff moved to Austin after grad.

That summer, I went on a business trip with him to San Francisco. It was amazing. Our first big trip alone. We drove down the coast to Monterey on the weekend.

While I went to graduate school at A&M, we saw each other on weekends. After a couple of months, we could both make the trip from College Station to Austin and back with our eyes closed. I was spending my free time planning my Austin wedding. SO FUN. My apartment was filled with bridal magazines.

We did all the regular pre-wedding "stuff." We went to a church-based engaged couples retreat, which was a blast. We also did pre-wedding counseling with my father-in-law's friend who would be officiating our wedding. I dragged Jeff to a few wedding shows, where you try cakes and look at honeymoon locales, etc. We registered for a bunch of formal entertaining stuff that we would hardly ever use.

The pastor's counseling included a personality test that very accurately predicted how we would interact as a married couple. I would highly recommend that. (Whatever it was. Helpful, eh?) Evidently, we are both strong, independent personalities who engage in power struggles. Yep. Luckily, we also tested to be and have shown we are usually in complete agreement on the big life issues like finances. Very interesting test.

The wedding day was fantasmic. So many of our college friends made the trip from the various places they were at the time. We had our reception at the Hyatt on Town Lake, and our extended families stayed the weekend. My parents hung out together all weekend, which made things especially great for me. A very very happy event!

Prologue:

I moved to Austin and got a job. A few years later we had Lauren- super-easily, I have to add. :)

We'll be married 19 years on May 26!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP