I'd Take That for $3 Million

Thursday, May 28, 2009

RE: the "anonymous" (a.k.a. Laura) comment on my last post, Laura asked if I would pay a million dollars for a week with George Clooney. I said, "Of course I would spend three million dollars for a week with George Clooney."

Slip of the tongue. I meant ONE million. Hysterical!

A couple of days ago, Jeff and I spent our anniversary dinner talking about Jon and Kate Gosselin. LOL. I told him all about the video interview with Kate's brother and sister-in-law. (It's in 3 parts. You have to click the links in the text to get to the following pieces.) Jeff made an excellent point about them getting all over Kate for not being a "mom" and having help with housework, etc.-- In the Gosselin's household, Jon and Kate have switched the traditional roles, with Jon quitting his job to be a stay-at-home dad. He is the one who should be doing all the cleaning and stuff around the house. Very true!

So while I agree that perhaps Kate's pushing her books touting herself as a supermom is a kind of farce, they shouldn't be criticizing her for not folding laundry. It also seems that Kate surprised Jon with that infamous contract. It wasn't something that he wanted or asked for. Interesting also is the reason for the brother doing the interview at all- an argument with Kate over the fact that Jody was getting paid by TLC for being on the show, which she should.

Still a very sad thing to see those kids careening towards a family disaster they don't even see coming.

We all watched The Notebook last night for the millionth time... or the three millionth. Heh. Such an awesome movie. I cry every time! One of the best movie quotes ever, from Lon: "Now, before you go and say no, I'll have you know that I am an excellent dancer and my intentions are completely dishonorable." I love that line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP