AI and Facebook Chat

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I SO called Kris and Adam as the top two on May 2, thankyouverymuch. And it was a huge surprise, so... go me! Usually my favorite is gone by the top 4 or 5, so this is a weird year. Danny was my original fave, and I am sorry to see him go. Between Adam and Kris, Adam is by far the better performer, but Kris has the better voice, in my opinion. But Simon, please tell us, what the heck is "a big ding dong?"

So, I saw this on James' Facebook:

"In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards."
-Mark Twain, 1897

LOL. Gotta love it.

Also on Facebook, I have not been on chat since waaaaaaay back, because frankly, I can't chat with 20 friends at once. Twenty people in a single chat room, yes. Twenty people all in different windows, no. There was no way to only be visible to certain people, so I just turned it off.

Finally they have added a feature that lets you set up a specific list of people you want to see and to have see you when you are online. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the heck to do to get it to work, so here is some help, should anyone need it:

1) Set up a friend list of people to whom you wish to be visible when you are online for FB chat. This can be done in the left sidebar of the friends page. Or you can use your existing lists- school, work, family, whatever... if those work for you.
2) Click chat at the bottom right corner of the FB screen.
3) When it comes up, click "Friend Lists" and uncheck any groups you don't want to show in chat.
4) Click the green button to the right of "Other friends" in the available list, to show as offline to them. (Not sure why they come up. All my friends are in at least one list, and those are either checked or not.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP