The Big Day

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Annual Cancer Check Day was yesterday. Duh duh DAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. At least Dr. L is awesome and I like seeing him. All was well with my blood labs and the physical exam. I haven't had the mammogram yet. That is the day I really hate.

While talking to Dr. L, I lamented that I no longer get the sad stares from other patients and family members in the waiting room. That "awwww, that poor dear girl is too young to be here" look. He laughed and said "You're still too young to be here." So HA, waiting room people. :p

Oh, and he said the secondary breast cancer rate for young women who had chest irradiation for Hodgkins is only 5 percent, not the 30 percent the article I read was saying. He said it's never been that high. Stats are tricky things. And... WTF?! Five percent and I had to get it? Suckage!

He closed our long appointment with a mention that I look great. Aww! I had better dang well look great with all that kickboxing.

Song Lyrics of the Day

...I guess we're all one phone call from our knees...

"Closer to Love" Mat Kearny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP