Late Start Day

Thursday, October 29, 2009

AISD high school late start... again? We so should have had this when I was in school.

In the recent Austin Chronicle article on Bob Schneider, he says "I'm socially inept and I'm pretty much always uncomfortable. But when I'm alone and making music, I feel very comfortable, very safe. I get a lot of joy from that and from performing the music in front of people." Hmm!

And somehow I missed that he was married and divorced and has a son. Interesting. Guess I'm not an great groupie. Can't wait for my 'Bob at the Paramount Theater' DVD so I can look for Kathy and myself in the audience enjoy that terrific show again!!

Song Lyrics of the Day

...You're in my blood like holy wine
You taste so bitter and you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet...

"A Case of You" by Joni Mitchell (cover by Tori Amos)

Tracy won tix to a preview of This Is It Tuesday night and invited me to go with her. When she went to pick them up, the radio station informed her that several radio stations and other companies had given away tickets and they were waaay overbooking, so we needed to get there by 3 pm for an 8:30 pm showing. We both said, "Uh... no thanks."

We've got Liquor Qlub set up to roll again after losing some peeps. Now to find a free night to have it. Busy season for all of us. We WILL have it. Viva LQ!

3 comments:

scotty,  October 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

BS...how contrived!!!!
on a happier note..I LOVE JONI!!!!

Kathy October 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Contrived. LOL. It sounds so singer/songwriter, doesn't it?

I haven't heard the Joni version yet. Have heard two others, so it must be a great song.

scotty,  October 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

hey...I have had a song stuck in my head for 2 weeks...and everytime I think of you...I don`t know what the connection is...but it`s a good thing.

The song is True by Spandau Ballet.

Also...you should get Joni Mitchell`s "Blue" CD...every song is great!!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP