Mom and Umberto

Friday, October 30, 2009

Massive brain spasm recently when I said something about my mom being engaged to a guy named Nurettin. She wasn't ever engaged to that boyfriend. He was the "crazy one" who, when she told him she wanted to break up with him while they were driving through the mountains, threatened to drive them both off a cliff. Yeah, don't marry one of those.

She was engaged to the Italian guy- Umberto Pascali. It's all coming back to me now.... okay, I got out her Italy scrapbook. This was her big trip to meet his family in Calimera. So many fun photos of them! Could have been my aunts and uncles and grandparents. Hmm.

He named his scooter "Judy" after her. Romantic, no? Here's a photo of it. So cute.



There's one blurry photo of them together and bunches separately. Guess that was a sign! LOL.





He was the one person she wanted me to look for on the internet when I started using the net to find people. (Awww!) And I looked and looked, but couldn't ever narrow it down to a particular person. It's a fairly common name, plus being in Europe and all. Too bad.

So it's her engagement ring from Umberto that I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP