The Halloween Meme

Monday, October 26, 2009

But first! Band weekend laughs...

Our guard girls, to another school's guard: Your costumes look kind of like our winterguard costumes!
Color guard member from other school: We think we look like bacon.
---------
Me: That girl has the wrong flag. For a minute, I just thought she was "special."
---------
Lauren: ...The guard that had the giant Cheetos!
Me: I thought those were floaties!
---------
Me: ...The band that had the plume condoms!
Lauren: Plume condoms??!!


Sunday Stealing: The Halloween Meme
1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction?
The Exorcist

2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?
The Matrix

3. Who is your favorite monster?

Alien

4. What is your favorite Horror movie?
The Exorcist

5. What horror movie gives you the most chills?
Other than The Exorcist... The Grudge

6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
Ripley in Alien, so I could kick some monster arse

7. Freddy or Jason?
Jason

8. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

9. Ghosts or goblins?
Ghosts

10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one?
Scary

11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
When I was 15, I saw a very clear apparition in my living room. A runner running through. No, seriously. Scared the crap out of me. Probably more abbey-normal than paranormal.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
No. Spiritually, I don't believe souls roam the earth waiting to go wherever they're supposed to go. And scientifically, even if there were a glob of energy roaming around after a person's death, it wouldn't be organized or intelligent enough to move a spoon or slam a door.

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho?
alien

14. Favorite Halloween costume?
For me? Flasher

15. Best thing about Halloween?
seeing the kids' costumes and trying to figure out who some of them are behind the makeup or masks

16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
Lauren

17. Are you superstitious?
no

18. Share an unusual Halloween story.
I don't have an unusual one, but I do have a cute story of Lauren's first Halloween trick-or-treating with Niki when they were two. At each house, Teri and I would remind the girls to knock and then to say trick-or-treat when the door opened. Every single time, they would knock and immediately say in their little voices, "Trick or treat!" Then the door would open. Total silence. (I have it on video. Priceless.)

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid?
my dad took me and my friends trick-or-treating

20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended?
Shockingly, I haven't been to a huge one. Ask me about New Year's Eve. lol. We went to a few fun Halloween parties at friends' houses when all our kids were little. The Mothers Club also threw some awesome ones around that time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP