Back Home this Weekend

Sunday, October 4, 2009

First of all, a big kiss and a grope for Cathy, who agrees with my treatise on "cell phones in the car" and does not talk or text on hers while driving.

Went to the band contest in Houston, back to the area where I lived from 5th-12th grade. The band did super well, except for a costly technical mistake that took them from 1st place to 4th overall. The show is really amazing. Top notch musicianship and precise and expressive drill from the guard. The color guard's costumes are beautiful and the makeup they are wearing is glam city.

After the morning performance, I met Cathy for lunch and we did some shopping. I showed her Charming Charlie's. Gosh I love that place.

Went back for the day awards for band, then left the stadium again to drive around. I had spoken at length with a woman who lives in the area, who moved there about when I left. She told me where to go to see new stuff, including our newly rebuilt high school. But Kathy's parents intercepted me and invited me to come over for dinner and to watch some of the A&M game. So nice!! I got to see the first half before returning to the stadium for the band finals.

Aaaaaaaaggieeeeeeeeeeees.... WTC? (That would be "What the CRAP?" a la Cathy) Everything was going so well at first! They do show such potential though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP