Roll Tide

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sorry t.u. friends... and Lauren ;)... Hopefully Texas will play like they've played the past few games and bite it tonight. That would make my week. Although... my mother was "mostly" from Alabama, so I can legitimately claim a very flimsy tie to UA. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!

Laura made me a very fancy decoupage wall hanging from my Daughtry photos for Christmas. (We hadn't seen each other since before then, can you believe that?)  I am SO blown away by it! She did an amazing job. What a fabulous memento of the experience. It is going on my "wall of celebrity meetings" in my office, with the Bob Schneider baseball cap and all the other stuff.

She gave it to me while her class was working on something. They were very curious about it, so I showed them. Laura said, "She met Daughtry!"

They were all, "Daughtry?"

So I said, "Chris Daughtry from American Idol!"

Magic words for 8-year-olds: American Idol. Were they ever impressed with that!

"CHRIS Daughtry???!!!"

OMG y'all. I found Doug's MySpace page!!!!!!111!!!1!!! And he isn't listed as Doug Williams either. He has a code name. Fortunately, I have well-honed sleuthing skills from searching for him for years online. I totally recognized him from his profile. Okay, he hasn't logged in since June of 2006. Still. I sent him a message there. And now we wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP