Adventures in Grocery Shopping

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So I ventured into the world and went to the grocery store yesterday. I am happy to report that I felt fine, other than choosing a rogue shopping cart that pulled to the left the whole time.

I do enjoy grocery shopping over holidays when the people who don't usually do the shopping (mostly guys) are there, wandering around like kids in a candy store. They pick up random sweets or interesting alcoholic beverages and say "Ooh! Let's get this!" Their eyes widen when they see that huge vat of bacon dip at the deli. If they are there alone (poor souls), they are desperately searching for something like vanilla or a particular cereal, and we regular shoppers can help them out.

And the couples shopping! So cute! Jeff and I shopped together. It takes longer, but it's fun.

I dreamed last night that I started a mothers' club for empty nesters. Rather than being a club where we talk about our babies and toddlers/preschoolers, it was one where we planned road trips and parties and like every night was Moms' Night Out. Hmm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP