Movie Day

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saw Up in the Air with Kath yesterday. It was very good. Kathy travels a whole lot for work, and she was particularly amused at all the travel references. Definitely a sad story in parts, but a lot of laughter in our theater, too. I am pretty certain Vera Farmiga had a body double. Just an observation.

Then last night we went out to dinner with Jeff and Kathy (The Jeffs and Kathys!) and then played games here and watched The Hangover. Gosh that movie cracks me up. And Bradley Cooper is yikes.... ohsohot. Fun night!

Saturday 9: Call Me

1. Who is someone that phones you routinely that you never seem to be up to talk to, but you are not ready to push them out of your life?
Luckily, no one.

2. What is something that affects you deeply, to your core, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
A parent losing a child, through unspeakable circumstances like death or kidnapping, or even just custody battles. Anything that separates the two. I cried through the whole Dateline special on David Goldman and his son who just returned from Brazil. It's so heartbreaking the time they've lost and the division they experienced.

3. Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy.
Music. :D

4. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?
London to Rome.

5. If you could look into the future, how far down the road would you like to see? 10 years? 100 years? A million?
A thousand. I don't want to see my own future. Have you seen "FlashForward?"

6. Did you do your shopping online for this Christmas, how did it go? Did things come in on time? Any significant failures? ...and if you didn't, will you consider trying online shopping sometime this year?
I did some shopping online. It went perfectly!

7. What people or projects are worth your time, money or effort?
Children's charities, education and medical research are typically my main concerns. The majority of my volunteer time right now is spent on a children's foundation and in neighborhood schools. Most of my donation dollars are going to Texas A&M and MD Anderson.

8. Think back when you were in high school. Are you proud of the way you dressed, or do you wish you could go back and change it all?
Change it. Change it. Change it. Rare days I looked uber-cute. Most days I just wore tshirts and jeans. I would love to go back and wear trendy outfits every day. It just wasn't my focus back then, unless we were going out of course!

9. Do any of your friends, family or co-workers know about your blogs? For those that do, did you tell them or have they stumbled upon it by themselves?
Some of them. A few acquaintances know because those friends told them, which is fine. I just want to feel like I can write almost whatever I want to here, and I can't do that if certain people know about it. Not that I don't love some of those people to death, but... you know. Grandma probably doesn't want to read about the back door bunch.

Bonus: Song Lyrics of the Day!

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth...

"Samson" Regina Spektor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP