Ahh. Newsagent!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I had to brush up on my European, because Eva told me she has to do her post office activities "at the newsagent's" since they are closing all the post offices. I'm thinking she's downtown at a Belgian counterpart of the Austin American-Statesman building, trying to purchase stamps (or sending me an awesome mix tape) whilst the printing presses are running. But no. A newsagent is... a guy who runs a newsstand! I like it. I would much rather buy my magazines at a "newsagent's shop" than a "newsstand."


Saturday 9: Hey Jealousy

1. When was the last time that you got jealous?
I was very jealous last year when Scotty vacationed at the beach in a freakin' fabulous house. :)

2. At what point do you finally decide it's time to move forward with your life (like, major changes)? How do you know? What do you do?
I usually make major changes after months of contemplation. The bathroom remodel is a great example. At some point, I basically get sick of pondering it, and then I need to either pull the trigger or let it go. Once that decision is made, I move at lightning speed to make the change.

3. When is it time to just let it ('it' can be whatever you choose) go? How do you know? What do you do?
There always seems to come a moment of clarity, when you can see what the situation must look like to someone outside of it... how obvious it is to an uninvolved party that whatever you're holding on to is hurting you. I just have to make a very conscious decision to let it go. The longer it's gone, the easier it gets.

4. How many times must someone push your buttons before you've just had enough? Why?
Usually twice. I almost always laugh off the first push as teasing, but if it continues, I figure it's an attack.

5. If a S/O were to cheat on you, could you ever see yourself giving them a second chance? Or a third?
A second- perhaps, depending on the circumstances. A third? No way. Like the Facebook group says, Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm kicking your ass.

6. What was the last thing that someone did that you were very grateful for?
Zonia recommended me for this perfect part-time job gig!

7. How much time do you spend online in a given weekday? What about the weekends?
Too much. I probably spend 6-7 hours online on a weekday and maybe 3 on weekends. About half of that is actual work and the other half is fluff. Some people read. I blast my iTunes and hang out online.

8. How many online journals/blogs do you read regularly? What are some of your favorites and why?
I read Jack's triathalon blog, but he hasn't updated in a hundred years. *sigh* He's even training for an event! :) I just found a gem of a blog last night through Twitter- The Bloggess. She's a writer for the Houston Chronicle, and has other entertaining blogs as well. I was in TEARS giggling at some of her posts.

9. What was the last major purchase that you made?
A dishwasher that I hate. Blah.


2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Look at me educating you! Or something! ahahaha!

I just figured everybody called it that. So yes, the newsagent runs a shop that sells newspapers, magazines, cigarettes, greeting cards, lottery tickets, things like that. And they do our postal stuff now too. You're welcome ;-)

How's Jeff's hair going? lol

Kathy May 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Yes, thanks! I love learning new things! :)

Jeff reads this blog every day, but oddly enough, he hasn't said a word about the hair campaign. He probably thinks if he ignores it, it will go away. Mwahahahaaa!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP