Bret!!11!!!!1!!!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bret won Celeb Apprentice! YAY! He did such a fantastic job on his Snapple commercial. Very impressive. And I don't think he needed any sort of sympathy vote for winning. He won fair and square.

I finally had the sports medicine follow-up for my knee injury which still hasn't completely healed. After a wonderful massage session, the doc came in and examined it. He heard the cracking I've been hearing up and down the stairs and said, "Let me go and get 'the tool.'" Before I could ask what this mysterious "tool" is, he was gone, leaving me to imagine a large, chrome sort of deal... with sharp spikes and a clamp.

He returned with a rather innocuous appearing, hard plastic spatula head. He lubed up my knee with massage lotion and lay the edge of that thing into where the most tender area is (did you know one of your hamstring muscles attaches on the front inner corner of the bottom of your knee? me neither. I sure do now). Then he pulled the plastic thing, hard, along the skin to smooth out the crinkly muscle scar tissue underneath. Holy wow, did that suck. He did it all around my knee and then announced that I have two choices:

1) schedule a session for him to use the tool to get rid of the muscle scarring (um, that wasn't what he just did? yikes!), resulting in serious bruising but a definite improvement in the flexibility and feel of the joint, then start rehab exercises

2) just jump right into the rehab exercises and see if that works without the removal of the scar tissue

I chose #2. He said I have 4 weeks to see improvement or he's busting out The Tool. If that ain't motivation, I don't know what is.


Song Lyrics of the Day

...So tired of the straight life
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back
The storm keeps on twisting
you keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference
escaping one last time
It's easier to believe
In this sweet madness
oh this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees...

from one of the best songs ever written- music and lyrics... "Angel" Sarah McLachlan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP