Happy Birthday Laura!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is it just me, or are you guys afraid that one day you'll type a search into your status bar in Facebook and press 'Share' before you realize what you typed in the wrong space? Then your status will be "Mary Beth Schubert" or "Daughtry" or some other randomness. I'm telling you, those two boxes are way too close together.

Speaking of Daughtry (oh! a segue!)... They were evidently on Idol last night singing "September." I caught it this morning on YouTube. He really should have won his season. We haven't watched AI this year, so I have no clue what's going on there. I'm pretty sure my Idol disengagement has thrown the universe out of alignment.

We saw Idol winner Carrie Underwood last night at the Erwin Center. (Seamless blog subject transition #2. Thanks.) She always puts on a beauuuutiful show. One of my favorite moments was at the end of "Jesus Take the Wheel" when she broke into an amazing rendition of "How Great Thou Art." Very moving. She has a flawless voice. She has this fantastic electronic dress... hold on. You HAVE to see it...



I don't think it's actually electronic. It looks like metal mesh and they're somehow projecting the images onto it. Super cool. Great song, too.

Sons of Sylvia were really good. Mostly rock with just a tad of country sprinkled in. Craig Morgan is heavy-duty country, which is great if you like that sort of thing. Lauren happened to see me text Laura "Craig Morgan is too country for me." Not five minutes later, Craig Morgan says, "Is this country enough for you??!!!" We were cracking up. "This ain't that bubble-gum country!" he adds. (...like Carrie Underwood?? Heh.)

I'm a bubblegum-country sort of girl myself. One of the only styles of music I don't care for is "real" country. If it hasn't crossed over to another radio format, I definitely haven't heard it. Brad Paisley is the absolute borderline of country music I like. I appreciate a few of the neat stories some traditional country songs tell, or any lyrics that make me giggle. It's the sound of those twangy instruments and the nasal voice tone I can't take. And any songs about tractors.

The Bloggess has an item for bid on eBay. ROFL. Did I mention how much I am enjoying her blog? She's from Pearland. How awesome is that. (I had to end my post with a random comment, or you'd think someone had hacked this thing.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP