:(

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My grandfather's wife (my grandma died when I was 11) has been diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, or "pre-leukemia." Other than Type II diabetes, which she manages with diet, she's a pretty healthy lady, and about 15 years younger than my grandpa. We're all shocked. MDS is a fatal disease, usually within a few years, whether or not it develops into AML. I just feel so bad for her. She hates to take medicine, and she's in for a lot of it. She's already started chemo.

Grandpa told me they've never put their wedding photos in a scrapbook, and asked if I would make one. So he's sending the pics to me and I'm going to make a scrapbook for them. Their 30th anniversary is next January.

I'm participating in a study being done by St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital on survivors of childhood and adolescent cancers. It's a survey. It's supposed to take 45 minutes, but I've already taken over an hour and I'm not anywhere near finished. I'm thinking too hard about my answers, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP