Working Girl

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I got the library job! Yay!! Great hours. Great working environment. I'll get to stop by and harass Laura's husband, who also works there. He's gonna love that. I have to take a typing test next week. They require 35 wpm. Yeah, not a problem.

Jeff and I went to Melting Pot last night. We got a pretty private table, which is unusual there. I think we've finally hit upon the perfect ordering plan. Share one entree and salad. Full orders of cheese and chocolate, because face it... that is why we're all there, right? An even better option might be to have a pb&j before you leave and skip the meat and salad courses altogether. Or skip the pb&j and the entree and just order double cheese. Hmm. Maybe we haven't found the perfect plan yet. Jeff came up with a genius chocolate fondue creation- milk chocolate and amaretto. It was reeeeeally awesome.


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Assuming you’re single and available, you find yourself really attracted to someone, but in the back of your mind, something tells you that this is definitely someone to avoid. If you can’t put your finger on anything specific that would be a warning sign, would you pursue anything?
No way. You have to trust your inner voice on that kind of thing.

2. Who tends to be “higher maintenance,” you or the people you date?
Luckily I never dated a "high maintenance" guy. While I'm not high maintenance per se, I was probably always higher maintenance than them.

3. Are you more likely to be too quick or too slow to apologize when you realize you’re wrong?
Too slow. Matter-of-fact, I can usually smooth things over and admit the other person was right without apologizing at all. It's an art. ;)

4. Take the quiz: Do You Follow Your Head or Your Heart?
(This description of people who follow their hearts really bites. I wouldn't disagree that I follow my heart, but I was never fickle when I was dating, and my intentions didn't change with the wind. So... :p)

You Follow Your Heart
You're romantic, sentimental, and emotional.
You tend to fall in (and out of) love very quickly.
Some may call you fickle, but you can't help where your emotions take you.
You've definitely broken a few hearts, but you're not a heartbreaker by nature.
Your intentions are always good, even if they change with the wind

5. You have feelings for a lost love but you know that the relationship would have been a disaster had it continued. How easy is it for you to set aside those feelings?
Feelings for a lost love arise out of the possibility of what a great relationship it might have been if it had continued. If I know it would have been a disaster (as is usually the case with someone you're no longer dating), it would be pretty easy for me to set those feelings aside.

6. How sentimental are you when it comes to love notes or personal letters that meant a lot to you from people you were once close to, even if you’re no longer close to them?
Very. I have a whole bunch of them in the next room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP