Step-Grandmother

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My grandpa's wife passed away yesterday. I had called my uncle to tell him I was planning on coming up there today to see her and help them out if I could. I happened to catch him right after it had happened.

About an hour later, I had a thirty-minute conversation with my aunt Ellie. I knew that she had died, but Ellie didn't, yet neither of us picked up on that fact through the entire phone call. We talked about funeral dates and all sorts of very specific things related to the situation at hand. Still neither of us ever realized that Ellie was speaking from a speculative point-of-view and I was speaking in certainties. Hello!

She was a very spunky lady, and we certainly never imagined she would leave us this soon.

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.
~ John Taylor

2 comments:

Eva,  August 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

I only just read this. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP