"...Lassoed the Moon and the Stars..."

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some of my most entertaining material on Facebook never sees the light of day, because I type out a smart-ass reply or comment and then wonder if it's too... obscure, revealing, personal, unintentionally flirtatious... whatever. Except on Angel's page, of course. That place is a frat party free-for-all. :D

There is much talk amongst my extended family about the Rosary that will take place the night before the funeral. There are those (mostly the spousal menfolk) who just don't want to go. Then there are a few like me, who aren't sure we can go, because there are rules about things in the Catholic church.

I was baptized, had first communion, first confession, was confirmed, and then was led astray from my path through the sacraments by Jeff, who got me going to his fundamentalist, evangelical Bible Church. I never was completely comfortable there, because it was way to casual and loud for the more formal church environment I was used to. Over the years, it's gotten better, but I still never like when people shout out things during the service. It honestly doesn't happen much, but when it does, I still think, "Shhhhh. It's church for goodness' sake."

I've always still thought of myself as Catholic, and I thought the Church simply does not recognize my marriage, since we got married in a Protestant church. (That does mean I have been living in sin for the past twenty years.) Well, my aunt Teresa informed me after mom's funeral service that I was not Catholic, because I got married outside the Church, and moreover, I should not have taken communion, which I had.

Rules.

So before I go and ruffle any feathers, I just wanted to find out if my non-Catholic, not worthy of communion self could even attend a Rosary. Long story short, none of the relatives I asked knows. The internet says non-Catholics sometimes attend and just sit in the back and watch. Hmm. So several of us are skipping the Rosary. There will be many people from my grandparents' church there, so our slipping away probably won't even be noticed.

I do own a rosary, just so everyone is clear. Actually, I have mine, my mother's AND my grandmother's. So, HA.

Lauren gave Moe the hermit crab her first bath last night. So. Cute. I should have taken a picture. She came almost all the way out of her shell. She loved being swished around in the water. She was reaching for it when Lauren pulled her out.

Moe is making a mess of her crabitat right now. I've always tried to help her when she looks stuck between a rock and the glass or under something. Well, I've been observing her for a bit, and she's spinning her food bowl and moving it all over the place, quite capably actually.

Show off.

Song Lyrics of the Day

...Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight
Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself
Will it ever get better than tonight?...


P!nk, "Glitter in the Air"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP