Pets

Monday, August 30, 2010

Moe the hermit crab hadn't been eating or drinking for several days, that I could tell, and she hadn't been out and about. I finally summoned the courage to look for her under the substrate. I pulled her out, and in the hole where she had been... I saw... a bunch of legs and her big claw!! *horror movie scream* I looked in the shell, and there she was, claw intact. I can't see past the claw when she's all curled up, but I assume the rest of her is intact as well. Seems she is molting. So she's been eating the shell. I know it's gross, kids, but it's the circle of life. Or something like that. Anyway, whew.

New kittens! Kiptyn and Maya. I'll post photos as soon as I get a good one where one or the other isn't blurred from running around at the speed of light. They're brother and sister. Kiptyn is tan and longer-haired with some tabby markings and Maya is short-haired and all black, but she'll probably end up looking like her mom, who is black with brown spots. Kiptyn ate a little bit of clumping cat litter, which can be dangerous, so we're watching him. I switched to non-clumping, so it won't matter if he eats any more. Evidently you're not supposed to use clumping litter with kittens, although Maya didn't have any problem with it. Who knew?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP