Your Name Was....?

Monday, August 16, 2010

Today I met a whole brand new slew of people at work. I had my name-remembering powers turned way up, as I am not a person who remembers names without concentrating on it. Actually, it's mostly about if I think I'll see a person again or not, and how long we'll be interacting of it's a one-time meeting. If I'm meeting you for two seconds and you'll be out of my life forever, chances are good that I won't remember your name when I inevitably see you the next morning at Target... and you say, "Hi Kathy!!"

I guess that's why I was never sorority president.

Of all my name-remembering friends, Donna is best at it. When meeting and networking with gajillions of folks is a major part of your work, I guess you get a lot of practice. Actually... she may have been her sorority's president before her media job.

Anyhoo... I will definitely be interacting with these fine people for a while. Oddly, it then becomes extremely important to me that I remember all of their names after I hear them only once. I'm doing what I did my first day- sitting here thinking of as many people as I can and reminding myself what their names were. The first day I had forgotten one, but today I am at 100%!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP