So Long, Ben

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Well, Ben the Hermit Crab has bitten the proverbial dust. He hadn't moved for four days, and when Lauren picked him up, she said he smelled like fish, which is one of the signs of a dead crab. I took him and rattled him a bit. He used to come out, then it got to where he would slowly recoil in his shell, and yesterday he was just rattling around in there. Supposedly they sort of fall out of the shell, which he didn't do, so I put him in a cup for a while to make sure he wasn't only mostly-dead. But, he was all-dead. And you know that with all-dead there's usually only one thing you can do... Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

*crickets* Princess Bride anyone? Yes?

Meanwhile, his formerly shy buddy Moe is all over the place, crawling around over and under the substrate. She likes to bury herself under the water dish or the little "cave" that is in there. She can lift that heavy cave thing, which must be 100 times her weight, on the back of her shell. Amazing.

She's probably thrilled that we removed the dead guy from her house.

Lauren has decided that she is definitely going to A&M!! I was so happy when she told me. She said she thought we already knew that. I never assumed her taking a looking at it meant she was set to go. I was just glad she was considering it as an option. So I took her to get an A&M tshirt. When she was trying it on, she said, "I'm so excited to have an A&M shirt! I didn't ever feel like that when I was getting a UT shirt." Aww. No one does. ;)


Saturday 9: Friends

1. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now?
A whole bunch of my friendships have lasted longer than ten years. There isn't enough money on the planet to get me to make a public list of who will be important to me in another ten years. I'm in the doghouse if I leave anyone out, so, yeah. I love you all and I hope you're still around for more than the next ten years.

2. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing you look at?
My bangs. They are always bugging me, because I want them to sit a certain way, and they never do. I'm sure there's a product I should be using to keep them in place.

3. Who was the most recent person on your missed call list on your cell phone? What’s your relationship with the person?
my daughter, Lauren.

4. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?
"So you weren't at work and based on your responses you must have been out smoking dope or something. :-)" from Jeff, which was immediately preceded by:
"WTF? I thought you librarians were supposed to be all eloquent and sh**." from JeffC
(It was a three-way convo. I was texting in Airplane-isms and they weren't getting it... Roger, Roger.)

5. How would you “label” yourself?
FuN!  :)

6. What was your favorite age that you’ve been?
21. I was in school, doing well academically, lots of great friends, living in a college town full of other people my age, looking ahead to a bright future. It was a blast.

7. What is your current desktop picture? What’s its significance?
You'll be happy to know I've finally changed the Microsuck background to this (click for bigger):


Because... gah. The slightly undone tie. The almost-grin.

8. What was the last thing you said to someone that you‘d like to take back?
Nothing recently!

9. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose?
If I could pick and choose which mistakes to correct, I would do that. Some of my mistakes have taught me valuable life lessons I would not have otherwise learned, or sent me in a direction that actually turned out to be better for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP