Thursday... and All is Well

Thursday, August 19, 2010

We finally watched "Real Housewives of DC." It is like watching paint dry. It's all hug-hug-, kiss-kiss, posh party after posh party. The women are over-the-top snobs with no personalities at all. And that one older lady who is dating the hot, young guy- she is waaaaaay too old for him. Creepy. I couldn't even make it through episode 1.

This is a duplicate Song Lyrics du Jour from months ago, but we've started listening to this CD in the car again and I'm still so in love with this song. Beautiful, plaintive melody coupled with heart-wrenching lyrics. So. Good. I'll give you all a different snippet than the one I used before:

Lyrics of the Day

...Now there's tears in her eyes 
As she's screaming goodbyes 
I run 'long side the car... turning numb to the sound....

Ron Pope "Fireflies"


Thursday Thunks


A. If you see a tornado out your window, what do you do?
Run to the inside bathroom. After that, I'm not sure, because there isn't any way to know when it's safe to come out.

B. A celebrity knocks on your door saying that their tour bus/limo/pedal bike broke down (you pick the transportation)... who is it and what do you do to help them?
It's Clooney, on a motorcycle. I'd set him down on my couch with an ice cold Shiner, chat him up a bit, and then give him a phone to call his people.

C. Brett is back on the Vikings - do you really give a crap?
Nope.

D. Cookie Monster eats vegetables now. Is this OK with you?
Absolutely not. Cookies are not inherently evil. It's okay to eat them now and then. The kids have always known Cookie Monster ate too many cookies. That was half the fun- shaking your head at Cookie Monster and all that mess of crumbs.

E. Is the town you live in famous for anything? Infamous for anything?
We are most famous for being the live music capital of the world. Infamous for the UT Tower incident in 1966, when a student shot a bunch of people and 13 died.

F. Coffee flavored bubble gum - would you?
I might.

G. So Kimber lost her fight with a granite table.... what did you ever lose a fight with?
A deer crossing Highway 6, back in the day.

H. Have you ever slept beneath the stars?
Yep. High school graduation night, a bunch of us slept on the beach.

I. School is starting up soon, or has for some, did you get a new pair of tennis shoes every year while you were in school?
I got some new clothes each year, but not always new tennis shoes.

J. What two flavors do you love that you would never want to taste at the same time?
pickles and coffee

K. Did you ever accidentally walk in on your parents doing the nasty? Did you ever purposely walk in on them?
Yes, accidentally. Who would EVER EVER do that on purpose?? *shiver*

2 comments:

Eva,  August 20, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

Crap, I keep forgetting about this place. Can't you copy/paste this stuff to LJ so I can keep up with you better ;-p

Kathy August 20, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

LOL. I'm always logged in there anyway to see your LJ. I suppose I could. I'll see how painless it is to copy...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP