Random Tuesday

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Well, we are getting two kittens! Kiptyn and Maya. I'm so excited! We have ordered or purchased all the kitty things for two cats. Whew. We'll get the kittens next Sunday when Lauren gets back from her high school girls' retreat.

The Bloggess's dog died from an allergic reaction the other day, and I've been reading about her dealing with it, and her posts are terribly sad, and poignant and funny. If you've ever lost a pet, you'll appreciate it. Now that we're getting the kittens, I've been thinking about our kitty, Spanky, who died two summers ago.

Quantum leap here (not that anyone should be surprised)---- My badge photo for work ROCKS!! I usually end up with the suckiest pictures on that sort of stuff. My driver's license has the absolute worst photo ever. Luckily, everyone looks twice and says it doesn't look like me. That should be reason enough to be able to get a new license. I think I have two more years left on that silly thing. But the work badge should seriously go in a frame.

Look what Eva made me to bring my old, dusty LiveJournal up-to-date:


SWEET! Eye-candy profile pic---- check! Now if I can just remember to copy these blog posts to my LJ every day, I'll be set.

Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Do you tend to think more or speak more?
Think more.

2. How often do you find yourself writing down your thoughts so that you won’t forget some good idea?
I do a lot of writing of notes and lists.

3. What location allows you to do the best thinking?
Lauren will laugh at this one. I do my best thinking on our back porch. It's quiet and it looks out to the woods beyond the fence. Sometimes she finds me out there just sitting, without my netbook or a puzzle book or anything, and she'll ask, "Thinking?" "Yep." Sometimes I'm just watching the birds and squirrels, but it's nice to keep everyone thinking I'm pondering world peace.

4. During which routine activity do you tend to do your best thinking?
At the Foundation, when we're doing a mailout and I am stuffing envelopes. Another good one is while I'm hand-washing dishes.

5. Take the quiz: What does your favorite Thought Bubble say about you?
Your Thoughts Are Constructive
You are a highly analytical person, and you tend to sit back and coolly assess a situation.
With you, logic and facts rule. And you never jump to conclusions.
You are always looking to think in new ways. You believe that reflecting is a good way to better yourself.
You tend to think before you talk or act. You are calmer than most people around you.

6. Go back to the test and choose your second choice: which of the two better describes you?
Definitely the first ^^. While I tend to be passionate and emotional, and sometimes jump to conclusions (only sometimes. I see you out there. :p) ... I definitely assess things and think before I speak or act. I'm very reflective and aware of my own thoughts. I just picked the heart because it's so cute!

Your Thoughts Are Emotional
It often seems like you think with your heart instead of your head. Passion is often clouding that brain of yours.
It's hard for you to be aware of your own thoughts, and you find yourself acting before you think things through.
Your thoughts often overwhelm other people, and they sometimes overwhelm you. You tend to say whatever is on your mind.
You react quickly and change your mind just as fast. You're always thinking about something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP