Crabitat Redecorating

Monday, August 9, 2010

Moe the crab has become quite the decorator. She is most active in the early morning, when I am here checking my email and blogging. Overnight she dumps over her fresh water bowl, moves her food bowl and fills her salt water bowl with substrate. Right now, she's chirping along (they sound like a bird, or like tapping glass) and trying her hardest to move this new coral chunk we got her that has greenery for climbing. She loves that thing. Like the cave, it weighs ten times more than she does. Amusing.

Eva posted this archival vid which cracks me up, from the 2000 Teen Choice Awards. The guys sure were enjoying the heck out of it. (Nick Lachey, not so much.)



"I'm doing this for my dad." *g*


Sunday Stealing: The Crafty Fifty Meme, Part One

1. Introduce yourself.
My name is Kathy. I've been a stay-at-home mom for almost 17 years. Last week I started a half-time job at a library. I volunteer at my daughter's school and for a children's foundation. I also run a paper crafting website.

2. It’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually?
I have usually been at home, but I will be at work from now on.

3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Tide liquid

4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
V05

5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
Well, the drinking age was 19 when I was 19, and then changed to 21 about six months later. So for six months, I was going into bars and drinking. When it wasn't legal for me to drink in bars, I didn't. It never was worth the effort to me. I wasn't the fake ID type. I spent a lot of nights at dance clubs that were 18+, where we had our hands stamped so we couldn't drink.

6. What countries have you been to?
Germany, England, Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands, The Bahamas

7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
Nah. The last thing I watched was "Real World: Austin" in 2005

8. What do you think about Oprah?
I think she's an amazing and impressive person who sometimes doesn't realize how different her life is from most of ours.

9. What color are your bed sheets?
ivory

10. You need a new pair of jeans: what store do you go to first?
Macy's

11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
Never

12. What kind of car do you drive?
Hyundai Santa Fe

13. Honestly, is that car insured?
Of course!

14. Do you like sushi?
Yes. Jeff and I just went to Izumi in Westlake Hills Saturday night.

15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
I've been to the Saks at the Galleria in Houston.

16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Nope. It's too bad, really.

17. Do you like roller coasters?
Love them!

18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribe to?
Real Simple, Consumer Reports

19. Do you remember the old WB show “Popular”?
Never heard of it.

20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
Hmm. I guess I prefer a bar, where we can chat.

21. What do you think about gay marriage?
I think same-sex adults should be able to be legally married if they wish. Religious issues are the business of churches, who choose whether or not gay people can marry in their church. I don't see why the government cares one way or the other. I read somewhere last week that governments support marriage to promote procreation. Isn't that rather archaic reasoning? I think the world is all populated up at this point.

22. Who do you think will be the next president?
I don't know. I don't think it will be Obama. I wonder if he'll even run. He's just not that into it lately.

23. Are you registered to vote?
Yes

24. Do you own an iPad?
No

25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
Yep. Why. Can't you tell? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP