Night Ranger and Journey

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Went to the big concert last night at the Erwin Center. It was very cool.

Night Ranger absolutely rocked the house. This was my 3rd or 4th Night Ranger concert, which cracks me up because I've seen some bands I'm actually really "into" less times than that. Lead vocalist Jack Blades talked a lot, told a bunch of stories about the songs and history. Very funny and interesting. They did this really cool segment on how every band worth its salt has a great "Na Na song." We sang along to snippets from "Na Na Hey Hey," "Cuts Like a Knife" and "Hey Jude," along with a few others. I was surprised how many people in that arena had never seen a Night Ranger concert, when they asked for a show of hands.

Journey had a fantastic show. I was very skeptical of the "new Steve Perry," Arnel Pineda. I had heard he was a carbon copy of Steve Perry, which seems just weird to me. But I have to say, you really want to hear/see Steve Perry with Journey or it just ain't Journey. Arnel does an amazing job of mimicking Perry's singing style and look. He is also an awesome performer in his own right. He gave 110% from the very first song. I was very impressed. He looks really young, but he is actually 42!

And we did finally get to sing one of the BEST Na Na songs EVER- "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'." Ohmigosh how I have always loved that song! Eee!

I took several videos with my new phone, but the sound is atrocious. Too bad!! I guess it was because it was just so loud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP