FB Photo Time

Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's time again for a new Facebook profile photo. I used to change it every month, but really, it's a HUGE hassle. I'm so rarely in candid photos, because I am usually the photographer. (And also I don't go out of my way to get in the picture.) For someone who loves photos and catching Kodak moments, I may be the most non-photogenic person on earth. Yes, I see you people posting unflattering photos of me in your albums. You suck.

So first comes the photography. A lot of people just click a pic with their webcam and post it. I begin the process by taking several pics with an actual camera. Then I view the pics and delete the ones I don't like- usually ones where my hair is doing something ridiculous.

I choose two or three I like, then get Lauren to help me out. This is where it gets entertaining. She always begins our session with a sigh and "These pictures look exactly the same." They sooooo don't. My bangs are sitting in different positions. My head is tilted another way. Varied smiles. Totally different.

Once she starts appreciating the subtle nuances of each, she always likes the one where I look the most like "myself" and have the big "real" smile. (I prefer the ones where I accidentally look like a come-hither Cindy Crawford, but okay.) I like the toothy smiling photos, too, but they also happen to be the ones where the chipmunk cheeks pop out. Yeesh. They're minimal when I do my cute and coy smile, but Lauren hates those because she says they look too flirtatious. Bummer.

I would love to take a photo editing class that would help me trim my derriere, get rid of eye wrinkles and minimize the chipmunk cheeks or the family nose. Alas, I am only competent in removing a zit or red-eye. So if I have either, I run Lauren's choice through PSP, crop and resize and voila! Facebook profile photo.

2 comments:

Angel September 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

It is too scary how freaky similar we are. You see I've had the same profile pic forever, right? Get used to it. LOL

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP