Revolutionary Road- Blah

Sunday, September 27, 2009

You know what I have? My mother's engagement ring from Nurettin. I've always thought it was her wedding ring from Dad, but I just realized that is another one, which I also have. DUH. Yeah, Mom left a trail of broken hearts across Europe back in the day.

So we watched Revolutionary Road last night. The movie is awful. One of those you want to turn off, but you're sure it's about to get interesting. Never does. It is creepy and boring and just leaves you feeling icky. The whole premise of the film is how utterly despondent they are at having to live in suburbia and conform to society's expectations of them as a couple. *blood-curdling shriek* They must move to Paris to live an exciting life. Doing what exactly? The same mundane things they are doing in the house they're in? I don't even get that.

Everyone is cheating on everyone, which makes me crazy. Then the guy tells his wife he slept with his secretary because he wants her to be upset about it, and is hurt when she's not. Yeesh- that must be a guy thing. Then she says she doesn't care because she doesn't love him anymore anyway. "You're just a boy who made me laugh at a party a long time ago," she says. "I loathe the sight of you." A few hours later, she's making breakfast for the two of them. That's when I finally figured out Kate's character is nuts.

Don't waste your time watching it. Bleh. I did love that Cathy Bates is in it, along with Kate and Leo, for the Titanic reunion.

2 comments:

scotty,  September 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

i loved the movie...it is close to the book and kathy bates son steals the show. and I think kate winslets character is not insane. she really sees the banality of their lives

Kathy September 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I did LOVE the son and his keen observances.

With such an intense abhorrence of the "ordinary life," they should have become mercenaries or spies, or taken up a life of crime, not just have aspired to fly over to Paris to live the suburban life in another city, with her working as a secretary at the embassy. I missed the point of that, which of course is the whole crux of the film.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP