Sunday Steeeeeealing

Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Long Meme: Part I

1. The phone rings. Who will it be?
My bathroom general contractor

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Of course!

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
If I know some people there, I am a talker. If I know no one, I'm a listener.

4. Do you take compliments well?
I think so

5. Do you play Sudoku?
Yes. And Kakuro and Hidato, too.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Nope.

7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
I went to Brownie camp a few summers when I was young and my mom was with us. I went away to camp for a week in like 5th grade. I did a cartwheel when I got there and filled both palms of my hands with grass burrs. Youch! I remember it very vividly.

8. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Scrabble

9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you?
If you're dating, why get involved with a married guy? It would be too complicated, even for a one-night thing.

10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Dating probably doesn't matter, but it was unlikely I would have married someone of a significantly different faith. My mom (Catholic) was engaged to a Muslim guy (Turkish- she was living in Europe) for a short time when she was 21. They had gotten along famously until they started really talking about how their kids would be raised and that sort of thing. Funny how one's religious beliefs come to the spotlight when kids are involved. As they should, I suppose. Jeff and I even have a few significant differences in beliefs though we are both of Christian faiths. It's rarely a big deal, but... we're also in the same general ballpark in the religion arena.

11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Who likes to just pursue? Hopefully both people are pursuing each other.

12. Use three words to describe yourself?
Wannabe Broadway Star (Okay, now I'm just being sarcastic. Hee! Can you tell I hate this question, over and over every week?)

13. Do any songs make you cry?
Several. One, since I'm listening, is "Somewhere That's Green" from Little Shop of Horrors.

14. Are you continuing your education?
Not formally. Having teenagers around always continues one's education.

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No

16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yes! Lauren and I did during the Austin Children's Museum photography exhibit when she was three. The photo strip is on the bulletin board here by my desk. SO cute.

17. How often do you read books?
Rarely. I don't like to sit and read for hours at a time.

18. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Present. I used to be all planner. Eventually I realized I was missing today, which is the most important time of all.

19. What is your favorite children’s book?
The Velveteen Rabbit

20.What color are your eyes?
Green

21. How tall are you?
5'4 and a half. We measured at Bunco.

22. Where is your dream house located?
On an expanse of beach in the Caribbean.

23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Photo albums

24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Wow. It's probably been four or five months.

25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
Upstairs.

26. Do you like mustard?
Yep. Especially on soft pretzels or sausage.

2 comments:

Angel September 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Ok, I am loving the honest answer to the wilderness question. "Would you survive?" Nope...ain't gonna happen. LOL Love it!

Ummm, wth is Kakuro and Hidato?

Why can I picture you, oh so vividly ,doing that burrs filled cartwheel? LMFAO

Scrabble was also my favorite childhood game. I still enjoy it, actually. I have so many fond memories of my grandmother and myself just playing for hours and hours. I will cherish those memories forever. It/she fostered my love of vocabulary. :)

I so hear ya' about gaining an education simply by having teenagers around. I feel like I'm in 10th grade all over again.

Mmmmmmmm, I do love me some mustard layered soft pretzels!

And that concludes my totally random comments for the day.

Thank you for coming.

....that's what she said.

Kathy September 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

omg. Still laughing at the last sentence. *wipes tear*

Kakuro is like Sudoku, but instead of filling in numbers 1-9 on a row, there are specific sums you have to achieve on each row. You can only use numbers 1 through 9 and only one of each on any row.

Hidato is a grid where they give you some of the numbers filled in. You start with number 1 and fill in consecutively to the final given number, following a path up, down or diagonal, square to square. I'm playing a book with puzzles numbered 1 to 64 right now, but I've seen them a lot bigger.

We're playing Scrabble next time I see you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP