Sidebar FB Friends & Fall Meme

Monday, September 28, 2009

I am wondering why certain people show up in my "random 12 friends" on the Facebook sidebar more often than others. I figure if I have 130 friends, each person should only come up about 1 out of every 10 times I'm on there. It is not the case. Is it because FB thinks I interact with them more? Am I just noticing certain people more?

Yes, I'm "pondering" again. I'm finished now.

Sunday Stealing: A Fall Meme

What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete?

Be outside a lot.

A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was...
John H

If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be?
Winter Olympics

Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar?
You'd know that I'll probably have a Long Island Ice Tea or a margarita. And that I'd be either exceptionally chatty or suspiciously quiet, which would depend upon whether I'm there with people I know or people I'm meeting for the first time.

Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche?
My blog is niche-free!

If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you?
Age 21- Your life is not over. It's safe to look beyond the next two weeks.
Age 23- Finish that thesis, Missy.

Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared?
Pedro

If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least?
I can do about a week. I would miss being "in the know" about news and friends. I would not miss the stress of feeling like I have to be plugged in.

On September 11th of this year, I attended a couple of parties and was somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts?
These sorts of days have varying significance to different people. It doesn't bother me that some don't consider it a remarkable day. For me, it should be less an emotional reminder through the years. I suppose it will eventually be just a day to take a moment and remember. Time does that.

How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt?
My walls are pretty low. You'd need only honesty and a sense of humor to hop over them.

The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is:
A whispered "I love you" at an unexpected time, when there are other people around. Yep. That'll do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP